The 16th Mostra de Cinema Etnográfico Museo do Pobo Galego will run March 23-28 2021, in Santiago de Compostela. We understand ethnographic cinema in a broad sense; it refers to those productions whose main aim is to show different aspects related to sociocultural realities as well as a community’s way of life. It comprises films with the main focus on people, social groups and relevant historical processes that are related to anthropology and ethnography.
The criteria will take into account the relevance of the social questions addressed, the technical quality and the aesthetic sense, the innovation in both its subject matter and its presentation, as well as its scientific relevance. To be eligible for this Festival, the submitted films must have been produced after 1st January 2018.
Films must be submitted one of the submission platforms Clickforfestivals,
Festhome and Filmfreeway. The deadline for film submissions is January 8, 2021 at 23h59.
A safe and responsible MICE
Follow these security measures to access the festival:
- Reserve your ticket in advance to ensure the established capacity and location if necessary.
- Attend the event respecting the indicated entry time so the organization can guarantee adequate capacity control, thus avoiding the excessive concentration of attendees in the access areas.
- Take the assigned seat, do not invade the attached marked seat.
- Wear a mask to access all the festival venues.
- Maintain at least a 1’5 meter distance between you and people.
- Use the hydroalcoholic gel at the entrance and exit of each space and when you use a service (toilet, bar, etc.)
- Access the services individually.
- Follow the instructions on the respiratory label: cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a disposable tissue and throw it away. If you don’t have a disposable tissue handy, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder; not into your hands. If you accidentally cough or sneeze into your hand, avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms such as fever, dry cough, or discomfort or if you have been in close contact with a person affected by COVID-19.
- If you are not feeling well once inside the venue, notify someone from the organizing team immediately.
- If you accompany minors, make sure they comply with the indicated measures.
Mostra Internacional de Cinema Etnográfico emerged in 2006 and is promoted by Museo do Pobo Galego.